By Melanie Nathan, August 13, 2012.
This must watch Video depicts Frank Mugishu , the renowned LGBTI activist and Executive Director of SMUG, from Uganda, debating Scott Lively on The Stream, moderated by Lisa Fletch. Scott Lively is the Evangelical American Minister who is accused by Mugishu and other Ugandans in a lawsuit by the Center for Constitutional Rights, in the U.S.A. under an alien Tort law, of conspiring to persecute Uganda’s LGBT community.
Thee lawsuit alleges that beginning in 2002, Mr. Lively conspired with religious and political leaders in Uganda to whip up anti-gay hysteria with warnings that homosexuals would sodomize African children and corrupt their culture.
The result – The Anti-homosexuality Bill otherwise known as the ‘Kill the Gays Bill’ and actual stepped up persecution of the LGBTI Ugandan community.
The Ugandan legislature has considered the Anti-homosexuality Bill over several years of introduction and re-introduction, by one of Mr. Lively’s Ugandan contacts, MP David Bahati, that seeks to impose the death sentence for so called aggravated homosexual behavior and also seeks to imprison those guilty of the so called “promotion of homosexuality.”
Mr. Lively is being sued by the organization Sexual Minorities Uganda (SMUG) under the alien tort statute, which allows foreigners to sue in American courts in situations alleging the violation of international law. The suit claims that Mr. Lively’s actions resulted in the persecution, arrest, torture and murder of homosexuals in Uganda.
Ugandan activists attest to the fact that until Scott Lively arrived in Uganda and incited the public about his views on homosexuality, LGBT people lived relatively peaceful lives and that violence against the LGBT community has increased dramatically since the time Lively and fellow Christian Evangelical Lou Engle specifically targeted Uganda to instill anti-gay fervor.
- Ugandan Gay Pride a Great Success (oblogdeeoblogda.me)
- Celibate Ugandan Minister of Ethics Simon Lokodo Attempts to Justify Gay Arrests (oblogdeeoblogda.me)
- Ugandan Minister Launches Crusade Against Human Rights and LGBT NGO’s (oblogdeeoblogda.me)
- Ugandan Police Raid Beach Pride Party Arrest LGBT Acitvists (oblogdeeoblogda.me)
- Ugandan Activists Fight in Court Against Minister Lokodo’s Anti-Gay Persecution (oblogdeeoblogda.me)
- Hate Speech as Ugandan Minister Onek Vows to Kill NGO’s that Help Gays (oblogdeeoblogda.me)