Putin’s Anti-gay law provides impetus for building to post shocking notice
By Melanie Nathan, August 26, 2013.
For those of you who believe the Putin lies, that LGBTI people are safe, can be left alone entitled to privacy, and are not persecuted in Russia under his new law, here is a shocking example. This notice posted by the administrator of a building illustrates that the so called “anti-propaganda” laws have led to widespread persecution of gays.
As I have said before, the onerous legislation, signed into law by Putin this past June, is subject to a very wide definition and places LGBT Russians and visitors in great danger.
It emboldens the general populace to hate gays, it provides the impetus for witch hunts and provides this very license for persecution.
This announcement was placed in one of the buildings in the city named Rostov-on-Don, a port city and the administrative center of Rostov Oblast and the Southern Federal District of Russia.
Goldfinch, an LGBT activst who reports from Russia exclusively for OBLOGDEE, has reported on this notice and provided the following translation:
According to our observation of your building, during 1-2 quarter of 2013, in your building we discovered persons who are queer (gay, lesbian and etc…). At the moment these people are in the process of explanatory work.
We ask you to show vigilance towards people who are doing propaganda of homosexualism.
Please note, that propaganda of non-traditional relationship by such people can be determined non only directly, for example describing the advantage of living as a homosexual, offering you or members of your family to have sexual relationship with you; not only by unusual style of dressing or unnatural behavior but also propaganda can be started little by little, holding homosexual propaganda in house for several years.
Please remember, that homosexual can be dressed quite simply, he looks like you, he can be nice in communication and you can even know him. Remember that homosexual doesn’t know the age limit and a person who does homosexual propaganda can be a person who just graduated from school or an old man.
Increase your vigilance when you talk with your neighbors, when you are checking your mail and in elevators. You can easily become a target of homosexual propaganda and there is a one step from being homosexual and to start propaganda of homosexualism and molesting decent people.
If you become suspicious of one of your neighbors who does homosexual propaganda, immediately inform internal affairs bodies, local police officer or by phones: 02 or 240 60 30.
You will note that the notice refers directly to the anti-propaganda law and the “administrator” is providing the impetus to for vigilante’s to physically hurt gays. A problem which has become endemic in Russia. This is exactly how the laws started in Nazi Germany, against the Jews. At first the discriminatory law seemed excusable by those who tried to justify them, because they touted as insignificant and couched in lies based on the idea of feigning the protection of people. And then they became increasingly worse. Did we not say “never again?” And are we really going to repeat history by showing up for the Olympics in Sochi 2014?
- LGBT Russian leadership and the voice of Putin (oblogdeeoblogda.me)
- Thousands Protest Russia’s Anti-Gay Laws In Amsterdam: VIDEO (towleroad.com)
- BREAKING: Russia Interior Minister confirms Olympic athletes will be arrested at Sochi under anti-gay law (americablog.com)
- Gays to Fly Rainbow Flag Outside Russian Consulate in San Francisco | O-blog-dee-o-blog-da – August 2, 2013[…] Anti-gay sentiment and violence against LGBTI people has been a Russian habit for some time. However in recent months it has escalated with lack of basic law and order, exacerbated by Vladamir Putin’s legislative onslaught through various laws that criminalize and ostracize. We have covered that extensively http://oblogdeeoblogda.me/2013/07/26/10-actions-you-can-take-against-russia-shocking-video-of-russia… […]
- U.S. House Reps send Letter to Kerry about Anti-Gay 2014 Olympic Games in Russia | O-blog-dee-o-blog-da – August 3, 2013[…] 10 ways to STOP the Russian terror of Gays […]
- HRC Leading U.S. Gays in Failing to take the ultimate stand against Russia’s anti-Gay laws | O-blog-dee-o-blog-da – August 5, 2013[…] 10 Actions you can take against Russia | shocking video of Russian Gay Teen torture (oblogdeeoblogda.me) […]
- Gay teenager kidnapped and tortured by Russian homophobes believed to have died from injuries | O-blog-dee-o-blog-da – August 5, 2013[…] 10 Actions you can take against Russia | shocking video of Russian Gay Teen torture (oblogdeeoblogda.me) […]