By Cathy Kristofferson, February 5, 2014
The Center for Constitutional Rights (CCR) is now moving to the critical discovery phase of the SMUG v. Lively Crimes Against Humanity case. We have reported on the case extensively here on OBLOGDEE.
For that very expensive international endeavor, CCR has set up a CrowdRise fundraising site needing to raise $30,000.
“Scott Lively’s fingerprints are on Uganda’s notorious “Kill the Gays” bill and the anti-gay laws in Russia which have given rise to the controversy surrounding the Sochi 2014 Olympics. He is now actively working with others around the world to deny LGBTI people of their fundamental human rights. Lively’s harmful actions must end. Our case against this anti-gay extremist is now moving into a critical phase and we need your help. Help us raise funds to prepare for trial! All contributions help!”
Visit now and give what you are able. Your contribution can help fund:
- $10 – Fifteen gifts at this level will pay for the cost of serving ONE subpoena on a witness.
- $20 – Fifty gifts at this level will pay for the costs associated with one deposition, a device in U.S. litigation to take the testimony of a party or witness out of court as part of the “discovery” process.
- $50 – Thirty-four gifts will fund one round-trip ticket to Uganda for attorneys to meet with clients and witnesses in the case.
- $100 – Thirty-five gifts at this level pay for travel and logistics for a key witness from Uganda for deposition in the United States.
Check out recent postings on the CCR site here of great new materials, including this awesome comic, to help educate about the case and Scott Lively’s worldwide escapades.
Spread the word locally and globally about what Political Research Associates is calling “Globalizing the U.S. Culture Wars.”
Because as we all know, as CCR shares:
“Lively’s actions have real consequences. The climate of hate he helped create and the program of persecution he has pursued has resulted in raids, arrests, detention, and ill-treatment of LGBTI people.
Help us Stop Scott Lively and stop the hate. “
Also please feel free to REBLOG at will as we need to get this message out far and wide!!
- Stop Scott Lively CrowdRise site
- Anti-gay Scott Lively again DENIED attempt to avoid Crimes Against Humanity lawsuit
- Anti-gay Scott Lively again tries to avoid Crimes Against Humanity trial
- Schedule Set for Historic Anti-gay Crimes Against Humanity Trial
- Scott Lively denied second Motion To Dismiss of Crimes Against Humanity charges
4 thoughts on “Your Dollars Can Help Stop Scott Lively Anti-Gay Extremist”
Reblogged this on It Is What It Is and commented:
Scott Lively … is a bigot!! Spreading his “christianism” to harm others!!!
Reblogged this on JerBear's Queer World News, Views & More From The City Different – Santa Fe, NM and commented:
A very worthy cause.
This was timely …but confusing to those not even aware of case. When you get a chance Cathy could you do an ‘abbreviated’ history blog we can share too. I went back and picked up old articles..But I don’t have it ‘in my head’ as you and/or Melanie do. Would like to share that with this. I did send out the comic, but some don’t like that as a ‘review’ of something this important. Thanks. I get these sent email when they are put up, so I will know when you have done it.
Both Cathy and I have been out of internet connections due to travel – Cathy is protesting Sochi and Uganda and i am on a leadership cruise. So we have been running at half maste. That said, this was a release by CCR and its not always possible to do the work for organizations who have asked us to put up their pressers to fund raise for them. So this is what you will get from time to time. Hopefully those interested in history will go to the CCR site, Tanks for your understanding.