By Cathy Kristofferson, February 5, 2014
The Center for Constitutional Rights (CCR) is now moving to the critical discovery phase of the SMUG v. Lively Crimes Against Humanity case. We have reported on the case extensively here on OBLOGDEE.
For that very expensive international endeavor, CCR has set up a CrowdRise fundraising site needing to raise $30,000.
“Scott Lively’s fingerprints are on Uganda’s notorious “Kill the Gays” bill and the anti-gay laws in Russia which have given rise to the controversy surrounding the Sochi 2014 Olympics. He is now actively working with others around the world to deny LGBTI people of their fundamental human rights. Lively’s harmful actions must end. Our case against this anti-gay extremist is now moving into a critical phase and we need your help. Help us raise funds to prepare for trial! All contributions help!”
Visit now and give what you are able. Your contribution can help fund:
- $10 – Fifteen gifts at this level will pay for the cost of serving ONE subpoena on a witness.
- $20 – Fifty gifts at this level will pay for the costs associated with one deposition, a device in U.S. litigation to take the testimony of a party or witness out of court as part of the “discovery” process.
- $50 – Thirty-four gifts will fund one round-trip ticket to Uganda for attorneys to meet with clients and witnesses in the case.
- $100 – Thirty-five gifts at this level pay for travel and logistics for a key witness from Uganda for deposition in the United States.
Check out recent postings on the CCR site here of great new materials, including this awesome comic, to help educate about the case and Scott Lively’s worldwide escapades.
Spread the word locally and globally about what Political Research Associates is calling “Globalizing the U.S. Culture Wars.”
Because as we all know, as CCR shares:
“Lively’s actions have real consequences. The climate of hate he helped create and the program of persecution he has pursued has resulted in raids, arrests, detention, and ill-treatment of LGBTI people.
Help us Stop Scott Lively and stop the hate. “
Also please feel free to REBLOG at will as we need to get this message out far and wide!!
- Stop Scott Lively CrowdRise site
- Anti-gay Scott Lively again DENIED attempt to avoid Crimes Against Humanity lawsuit
- Anti-gay Scott Lively again tries to avoid Crimes Against Humanity trial
- Schedule Set for Historic Anti-gay Crimes Against Humanity Trial
- Scott Lively denied second Motion To Dismiss of Crimes Against Humanity charges