JOIN O-Blog-Dee-O-Blog-Da for $18.63 per annum and show support for our work: You do not need a paid subscription to visit and read all our content. However it does help to support our work. Both the independent writing and the behind the scenes advocacy.
Our blogging is drenched in advocacy™.
Since 2009 O-Blog-Dee has served mostly as a platform for LGBTI equality, human rights activism and advocacy;
The amount of work is enormous; we are relentless and fearless and not beholden to any corporate interest, nor advocacy group, nor movement, nor organization, and so we are not afraid to take anyone to task, all are subject to our scrutiny and you will see we have not been shy. We are not a non profit and do not want to spend our time fundraising. We are fabulously independent. We do not charge for advertizing.
Much work that goes on behind the scenes, such as advocating for LGBTI equality in the U.S. and worldwide, advocacy for lesbians in South Africa who are victims of so called “corrective rape,” advocacy against the Ugandan Anti-Homosexuality Bill, advocacy for asylum seekers, helping prevent people from deportation, assisting gay people to leave countries where they are being persecuted, fighting for full LGBTI equality in the USA and abroad, advocacy and innovation for homeless LGBTQI youth and I could go on….. the work speaks for itself through the writing.
O-blog-dee is taking on new writers and will be bringing many more important issues to the fore, through the eyes of the activists on the ground, from Sweden to Japan to the UK to South Africa to Russia to MA to CA.
To sustain this work we are asking our readers to help support us through an inexpensive voluntary membership. No it is not a donation. It is a membership and as time goes on and if we are successful there will be perks and fun advantages to membership. We have decided to provide membership on an annual basis and the amount will be $18.63 USD per annum. That amounts to .05c per day.
Notwithstanding its usual newsworthiness, our work is picked up by other media professionals and has a vast and profound readership both in the U.S., U.K. Africa and around the world . It is read and used by university students, lecturers and professors, alike, as well as government officials and activists.
All said and done it will be the readers to whom we will be accountable. We hope you show us that you care.
NOTE: You do not need a paid subscription to visit and read all our content at this time. However it does help to support our work. Both the independent writing and the behind the scenes advocacy.
A few of the very many comments and e-mails about our work:
- “Thanks Melanie and by the way let me use this chance to personallz say thank you for all that you have done for ugandan LGBT community,i no longer live there,but i have followed your work,we better give u a Ugandan passport…joking,but really thank you got no words for what u have done so far.”
- “Miss malein, its me your friend. first & foremost i really appreciate your continuous struggle & support about the LGBTI community.please thank you & continue with that sipirite dear until the LGBTI community is totally liberated out of this bondage. im yearning to hear from you again thank you!”
- Award winning Ugandan activist: “thanks u so much i know you have even more important things to stand by us always. its makes us stronger indeed. M glad to know u and hope one day we shall meet..”
- “Melanie, I am so impressed with the articles and support of homeless LGBTI youth. I so appreciate the way you shout from the mountain tops!!! Your calls for evolution of the mind is the change the world needs.”
- “Thank-you for all the great work you are doing and for making me aware of the situation in Uganda. “
- “I honor you and your work, I think it’s beautiful that you call these ‘people pretending to be leaders’ out. I wanted to say was that I respect your individuality and no matter who tries to knock you down you just keep bringing it on. Thank You for inspiring me and count yourself on my very short role models list.”
- “Melanie! Thanks for all you do for all of us…”
- “Congratulations to you in bringing honor to those who share your passion and dedication for preserving and protecting human rights in all its dimensions. You’ve been a stalwart champion in that regard and role model of courage, tenacity and persistence!”
- “It is such a sad ending for any one who is fighting to be recognised for being true to himself. Many of us have not shown that we have the determinations to walk that lonely but heroic path. Melanie, thank you for taking those strides for us. I am certain, that i want to be counted.”
- “Great sleuthing and advocacy work, Melanie! Thanks for bringing this unsavory connection out into the sunlight.”
- ” Thank you for being such an inspiration to me for as a Gay person living in S. Africa. I have decided on organising the 1st Gay and Lesbian Parade in my town. This parade will fight the stigma against Gays and Lesbians that is still out there in my sub-district and surrounding areas! Reading Your articles u have given me more reason to go forward with this project in making it a hige success and I just want 2 thank u for that!”
- ” I am the president of The Daily Journalist We would like to republish some of your articles in our section “World” and “Thinker””